I have been so eager to get back on the road and explore the world just like rest of other travelers. Even though the situation seems more dire than many predicted, travel restrictions are being slowly lifted around the globe. Yet, the question remains: Is travel safe?
In a recent Business Insider article, titled “Is travel safe?”, Emily Hochberg and Alesandra Dubin interviewed various experts across fields and have organized important notes that every traveler must pay attention to.
Some of highlighted points are:
- Are rental cars safe? – the risk is reasonably low
- Are hotels safe? – use all protective measures
- Is Airbnb safe? – likely to be safer than hotels
- Is flying safe? – just hope no one around you is infected
- and the list goes on…
Drawing on these sources and my 13-years long travel experience, I have listed three actions that I would recommend to all travelers and digital nomads who want to travel during COVID-19:
- Why take risk?
- Keep yourself and others safe
- Maximize family time
Stay safe, travel wise